- What distance is the Breeder's Cup Turf?
- Who was the first motor racing driver in the 90s to win opening
"Formula One race and not end the season as champion?
- Where was the 1985US PGA Championship held?
- In what years did John Henry win the Arlington Million?
- Who lost in the first Super Bowl of the 1990s?
- Who was the first president of the National Football League?
- Who rode Affirmed for each race when he won the Triple Crown?
- Who equaled Michael Johnson's winning individual gold's in the
women's events in "Atlanta in 1996?
- Which team lost the most Super Bowls in the 1970s?
- Who won the first all American French Open Men's Singles final
for almost 40 years in the 90s?
- Where did Texan "Bill Rogers win his British Open title in 1981?
- How many times did Sugar Ray Robinson win a world championship?
- What was the first British-trained horse to run in the Kentucky
- In which sport did Eric Navet of France become a 1990 world
- Which boxer famously said," If I can't beat this bum take my name
off the record books?"
- Where did Jonathan Edwards set his 1995 triple jump world record?
- In which city was the last Super Bowl of the 60s held?
- To within 20, how many rides did South African-born Michael
Roberts take in 1992 English horse racing?
- Who won baseball's first World Series of the 70s?
- What was the original name of the Kansas City Chiefs?
- Who was Super Bowl MVP the year after Joe Namath won it?
- In 1952 who was the then oldest boxer to become world champoion?
- Who missed a putt in the final singles game of the 1991 Ryder Cup
to give the US victory?
- In 1988 who won the tennis Grand Slam and Olympic gold?
- How was Walker Smith Robinson better known?
- Who coached the Boston Celtics basketball team from 1950 to 1966?
- Where did Joe Montana play NCAA Division I football?
- What is the nickname of record-breaking sprinter Maurice Greene?
- Who was the first boxer to twice regain the world heavyweight
- The Melbourne Cup horse race is run at which course?
- Peter Nichol became the first Brit in 25 years to win the British
open in which sport?
- In what decade did Bill Shoemaker ride his first winner?
- Who told a Wimbledon umpire, "You are the pits of the world?"
- Which Robin was the first yachtsman to sail non-stop around the
- Who led the US team to Davis Cup championships in 1968,1969,and
- Warren Beatty was offered full college scholarships in which
- Billy Crystal had a full college scholarship in which sport?
- Who beat Jim Brown's rushing yards total of 12,312 yards in the
- Who fought George Foreman in the Rumble In The Jungle?
- What was Hank Aaron's first Major League team?
- Who had English Derby victories riding Tory, Henbit, Nashwan and
- Which country does marathon man Abel Anton come form?
- Which was Hideo Nomo's first US baseball team?
- With which track and field even was Geoff Capes particularly
- Which country does tennis player Marcelo Rios come from?
Answers to Long Sports Quiz #33
- One and a half miles.
- David Coulthard (1997).
- Cherry Hills, Colorado.
- 1981 & 1984.
- Denver Broncos.
- Jim Thorpe.
- Steve Cauthen.
- Marie Jose Perce.
- Minnesota Vikings.
- Jim Courier.
- Royal St George's Sandwich.
- Six, five middleweight, one welterweight.
- Bold Arrangement.
- Show Jumping.
- Rocky Marciano.
- Orange Bowl, Miami.
- Baltimore Orioles.
- Dallas Texans.
- Len Dawson.
- Jersey Joe Walcott.
- Bernhard Langer.
- Steffi Graf.
- Sugar Ray Robinson.
- Red Auerbach.
- Notre Dame University.
- Kansas Cannonball.
- Muhammad Ali.
- Flemington Park.
- John McEnroe.
- Arthur Ash.
- Walter Payton.
- Muhammad Ali.
- Milwaukee Braves.
- Willie Carson.
- Los Angeles Dodgers.