- Which Scottish border town was the scene of a jumbo jet disaster?
- Solidarity was the mass movement of the people in which country?
- Which golfer Sandy triumphed at the US Masters?
- Where was the American venue of the Live Aid concert?
- Which country, capital Beirut, did Israel invade?
- Who became the world's youngest ever boxing heavyweight champion?
- What was the world's first reusable spacecraft called?
- Addressing the Republican convention in 1988, how did Ronald Reagan
misquote John Adams saying "Facts are stubborn things?"
- What was Patricia Highsmith's first novel?
- In which war was cowboy star Tom MIx shot in the mouth?
- How many years did the Holocaust last?
- Which soap had people asking. "Who shot JR?"
- Which tennis ace completed his fifth successive Wimbledon singles
- Which was the longest moon landing?
- Who replaced Erich Honecker as GDR head of state?
- Off which pitcher did Babe Ruth smash his 714th and final Major
League home run?
- What does the Palestinian name Intifada mean?
- Who had the most expensive presidential inauguration ceremony of the
- Which US President was linked with the 'Star Wars' policy?
- Where in the Ukraine was there a nuclear explosion in 1986?
- Anwar Sadat was President of which country when he died in 1981?
- Who released an album called Thriller in 1982?
- Which 80s leader had a wife called Raisa?
- In what month in 1990 did Iraq invade Kuwait?
- Who became Israel's head of state in 1993?
- Who was the founder of Japan's first political party?
- In what months of 1945 did the battle of Iwo Jima take place?
- Who won the ladies singles most times at Wimbledon in the 80s?
- Which island was the home of Bob Marley, who died in 1981?
- Which John portrayed The Elephant Man on film?
- Which city was devastated by an earthquake in 1985 and then hosted
the World Cup in 1986?
- In WWII, who was the head of the Nazi party's security service?
- Hahnium was so named by US scientists in honor of Otto Hahn; what was
its original name?
- Which movement was thought to be responsible for the kidnapping of
Western hostages in Lebanon in the 890s?
- Who was Franklin ?D Roosevelt's secretary of state from 1933 to 1944?
- Which future US President was secretary of commerce from 1921 to
- Which Prime Minister resigned as a result of the Recruit scandal of
- The increasing scarcity of elephants and rhinos led ot a 1989 ban on
- Sarah Ferguson became Duchess of where?
- Which President of the Philippines was deposed in 1986?
- Tiananmen Square was a scene of conflict in which country?
- Which hospital was Princess Diana taken to after her tragic car
- Who became head of state in Guyana in 1992?
- Elected in 1913, how long was Pedro Mascurain president of Mexico?
- Who was NATO commander between 1974 and 1979?
- What kind of disaster claimed some 100,000 lives in Armenia in 1988?
- Which disks replaced cassettes and ordinary records?
- Mike Tyson.
- Space Shuttle.
- Facts are stupid things.
- Strangers On A Train.
- Spanish American War.
- Bjorn Borg.
- Apollo 17.
- Egon Krenz.
- Guy Bush.
- Resurgence, throwing off.
- George W. Bush.
- Michael Jackson.
- Mikhail Gorbachev.
- Ezer Weizman.
- Taisuke Itagaki.
- February and March.
- Martina Navratilova.
- Reinhard Heidrich.
- Cordell Hull.
- Herbert Hoover.
- Norboru Takeshita of Japan.
- La Pitie-Salpetriere.
- Cheddi Jagan.
- One hour.
- Alexander Haig.
- Compact disks.