- Who was Pope for only 33 days in 1978?
- Who was lead singer with the group Queen?
- Which author had the real name Charles Dodgson?
- Who introduced the potato and tobacco to Europe.
- Who was the Lord Chancellor beheaded for refusing to recognize Henry
VIII as head of the church?
- In which of the arts did Vaslav Nijinsky and Margot Fonteyn excel?
- Who led the Free French forces during World War II?
- Which battle of 1876 was Custer's last stand?
- Which actor, comedian and singer was born David Daniel Kaminski?
- Which builder of steam engines formed a successful partnership with
- What nationality was the spy Mata Hari?
- Who said: "The customer is always right"?
- Which Russian goldsmith became famous for his jeweled eggs?
- What pen name was used by the Spanish orator Dolores Ibarruri, who
said "It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees"?
- For what purpose did Melvil Dewey devise his decimal system in 1876?
- Who was the king of rock and roll?
- Who was Sherlock Holmes' assistant?
- What are the indigenous people of new Zealand called?
- Who was the film star who married Prince Rainier III of Monaco?
- What was the first name of the politician Gladstone, the composer
Walton, and the reformer Wilberforce?
- Of which tribe was Goliath the champion?
- What was the nickname of the French singer Edith Piaf?
- What nickname was given to General Thomas Jackson because of his
stern defense at the battle of Bull Run?
- Whose birthday is celebrated by a public holiday on the third Monday
in January in the USA?
- Which Christian martyr was first bishop of Rome?
- Who was the most famous of English lexicographers?
- In which of the arts has Richard Avedon distinguished himself?
- Which religious grou0p migrated westward to the Great Salt Lake,
Utah, in 1847?
- Which 18th-century dictionary compiler defined himself as a "harmless
- Who was president of the USSR from 1985-91?
- What was the name of the Thracian slave who led an ultimately
unsuccessful gladiator revolt against Rome in 73 BC?
- Which English king abdicated and became Duke of Windsor?
- Who was the first man in space in 1961?
- Who was the American politician who made wild claims of communist
infiltration in the 1950s?
- What invention made the fortune of Alfred Noel, founder of the Nobel
- Whose circus did General Tom Thumb join at the age of five in 1843?
- Which building is the official residence of Queen Elizabeth the Queen
- Of which country was de Valera the prime minister, and later the
- Which actress starred opposite Alan Ladd in the film "The Blue
- Which French fashion designer created the "Little black dress"?
- John Paul I.
- Freddie Mercury.
- Lewis Carroll.
- Sir Walter Raleigh.
- Thomas More.
- Charles de Gaulle.
- Little Bighorn.
- Danny Kaye.
- James Watt.
- Harry Gordon Selfridge.
- Peter Faberge.
- La Pasionaria.
- Classifying books.
- Elvis Presley.
- Dr. Watson.
- Grace Kelly.
- The "Little Sparrow".
- Martin Luther King.
- St. Peter.
- Samuel Johnson.
- Samuel Johnson.
- Mikhail Gorbachev.
- Edward VIII.
- Yuri Gagarin.
- Joe McCarthy.
- P T Barnum.
- Clarence House.
- Veronica Lake.
- Coco Chanel.