- Which Indian state is at the eastern end of the Himalayas?
- What is the name of the atmospheric gas which screens out the sun's
harmful ultraviolet radiation?
- What is the world's deepest ocean?
- Which is the largest animal ever to have inhabited the Earth?
- What once covered 14% of the Earth's land area, but by 1991 over half
had been destroyed?
- Which inland sea between Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan is fast
disappearing because the rivers that feed it have been diverted and
- The damaged Chernobyl nuclear power station is situated in which
- What type of rock is granite?
- What type of rock is basalt?
- What is the main constituent of natural gas?
- What is the term for nutrient enrichment of lakes?
- Which of the Earth's atmospheric layers reflects radio waves?
- Which gas forms 80% of Earth's atmosphere?
- In which mountain chain would you find Mount Everest?
- What is the collective term for substances such as coal, oil and
natural gas, the burning of which produces carbon dioxide?
- What contributes to the greenhouse effect at lower atmospheric
levels, but in the upper atmosphere protects life on Earth?
- What is the name of the process by which substances are washed out of
- Who was director of the environmental pressure group Friends of the
Earth 1984 - 90?
- Which European country is committed to decommissioning all of its
- Which Canadian city gave its name to the 1987world agreement on
protection of the ozone layer?
- Five-legged creatures have damaged which 1250 mile long wonder of the
- The dodo was a native bird of which island?
- What is the name given to the study of earthquakes?
- How do igneous rocks form?
- How many carats is pure gold?
- Marble is formed by the metamorphosis of which rock?
- Which common water pollutant is believed to be harmful to newborn
- Which radioactive substance sometimes occurs naturally in spring
- What natural feature covers approximately 6% of the Earth's land
surface, and harbors 40% of the Earth's species?
- What name is given to the huge growths of algae sometimes seen in
polluted lakes and rivers?
- What was the name of the dioxin-containing defoliant used during the
Vietnam war by the USA army?
- In which area of the world do tropical rainforests occur?
- CITES is an international agreement on which environmental problem?
- What is the approximate circumference of the earth?
- What prevents the earth's atmosphere from floating out into space?
- What element give amethyst its violet color?
- Which of the emissions from cars are acidic?
- Which quarry in the Italian region of Tuscany is renowned for the
quality of its marble?
- Blue Whale.
- Aral Sea.
- Fossil fuel.
- Jonathon Porritt.
- Great Barrier Reef.
- From cooling volcanic lava.
- Tropical rainforest.
- A bloom.
- Agent Orange.
- On or near the equator.
- The trade in endangered species.
- 24,900 miles.
- Nitrogen oxides.