- Which parts of the body are formed by the bones of the metatarsals
- What is the fluid that lubricates and cushions the movable joints
between the bones?
- What is the oxygen-carrying protein found in the red blood cells of
- What are the chemicals produced by the endocrine glands to control
- Where in the human body do you find the alveoli?
- What name is given to the genetic make-up of an individual?
- A bone is joined to a muscle by which structure?
- What is the biggest bone in the body?
- Which of the retina's cells can distinguish between different
wavelengths of light?
- What is the name of the large buttock and thigh muscle?
- Which hormone causes male sexual development?
- Which part of the brain controls the heart rate?
- How many genes are there in the human genome?
- When the egg is released from the ovary, what is left behind?
- What is an overgrowth of fibrous tissue, usually produced at the site
of a scar?
- Which is the only vein in the body to carry oxygenated blood?
- Which human body organ weighs about 2 kilos?
- What is the threshold of noise-induced pain, measured in decibels?
- Which name is given to the heart chamber which receives blood?
- Which organ makes bile?
- What kind of joint is the hip?
- What term is given to the lymphocytes which mature in the thymus?
- Where is the sinoatrial node?
- What is the substance that the body over-produces in an allergic
reaction to pollen?
- Where is the pituitary gland?
- Which organ of the body secretes insulin?
- Where are the semicircular canals?
- Which part of the gut absorbs water from thje food?
- Where would you find the islets of Langerhans?
- What is the colored muscle that responds involuntarily to light?
- What is the name of the enzyme produced in the mouth?
- Which glands secrete estrogen?
- The pituitary controls many hormones, but what controls the
- What is the pigment that colors skin?
- Which tissue secretes progesterone during the second half of the
- Which gland secretes the corticosteroids?
- What are the natural pain-killing substances produced in the brain
and pituitary gland?
- In which organ are the feces formed?
- What is the function of the islets of Langerhans?
- What is the scientific name for the heart's pacemaker?
- Which hormone helps control ovulation?
- What hormone was discovered by John Jacob Abel?
- What is the substance produced by hard exercise and oxygen debt,
causing stiffness in the muscles?
- Where would you find the carotid arteries?
- Of what do we have 52 in a lifetime, 20 of which are deciduous?
- Which protein forms hair and nails?
- Synovial fluid.
- Cone cells.
- Gluteus maximus.
- Medulla oblongata.
- Corpus luteum.
- Pulmonary vein.
- T cells.
- In the brain.
- The inner ear.
- Salivary amylase.
- Corpus luteum.
- They secrete insulin.
- Sinoatrial node.
- Luteinizing hormone.
- Lactic acid.