- Which gas released by car exhausts, stops the blood hemoglobin from
- What name is given to the hard white material of elephant tusks?
- What device is added to a car's exhaust system to reduce pollution?
- Which Australian mammal lays eggs?
- What is the term for something that will break down naturally?
- Which is the most common gas in the atmosphere?
- Which fuel is formed by the fossilization of plants?
- Oxygen forms approximately what proportion of the atmosphere?
- What kind of tide appears at full Moon?
- What is the term given to the study of the weather?
- What is the second most common gas in the atmosphere?
- What is the name given to the outermost layer of the Earth?
- Which country produces the world's largest quantity of municipal
waste per person per year?
- Which is the largest national park in Europe?
- Which sea is so highly polluted that the Barcelona Convention was set
up in 976 to try and clean it up?
- What was the viral disease controversially introduced into Britain
during the 1950s to reduce the rabbit population?
- What is the collective noun for larks?
- What is the scientific scale for measuring the hardness of rocks?
- What is the world's smallest continent?
- Which gas forms approximately 1% of the atmosphere?
- What is the term for the energy obtained from hot, underground rocks?
- What name is given to the rocks swallowed by dinosaurs to assist
- Which animal has been hunted almost to extinction because of its
- Which chemical, commonly used to increase crop yield, sometimes
contaminates drinking water?
- Where is the Glacier Bay national park?
- When you recycle a drink can, which metal is it you are recovering?
- What is the earth's core made of?
- What is the name of the liquid rock which pours from a volcano?
- What is the term applied to the process of gathering together weather
forecasts from various recording stations?
- What kind of natural phenomenon 'meanders'?
- What is a cloud?
- What is the collective name for rain hail, snow, and sleet?
- What is the hardest natural substance known?
- What was the name of the ship that spilt 85,000 tons of oil off the
Shetland Islands in 1993?
- What is the collective noun for crows?
- What are the three main greenhouse gases?
- 25% of which traditional British feature was cut down between 1945
and 1985 because of agricultural mechanization?
- What is the maximum speed of a garden snail: 0.03 mph, 0.3 mph, or 3
- Someone who studies tectonics is probably an expert in which field?
- What common mineral is formed by the fossilization of vegetation?
- Which theory compares the Earth to a living organism?
- In which part of the atmosphere is the ozone layer?
- Where are you likely to come across a laccolith?
- Carbon Monoxide.
- Catalytic converter.
- Duck-billed platypus.
- Spring tide.
- Hobe Tauern in Austria.
- Mediterranean Sea.
- Mohs' scale.
- S E Alaska.
- Molten iron and nickel.
- Synoptic forecasting.
- A river.
- Water vapor condensed into droplets.
- Carbon dioxide; methane; chlorofluorocarbons.
- Hedges / hedgrerows.
- 0.03 mph.
- Movement of continental plates.
- Gala hypothesis.
- In igneous rock.