- What is the name of the force which keeps the planets in orbit around
- Which planet is covered by clouds of sulphuric acid?
- Which planet is named after the Roman god of war?
- Which planet is closest to the sun?
- Which two planets take less time than Earth to orbit the sun?
- Which planet has a day which lasts eight months?
- What is the term for a natural satellite?
- Who was the first man in space?
- Which was the first space probe to leave the solar system?
- How many US space shuttles are there?
- What is the approximate temperature at the surface of the Sun?
- What force bends light rays travelling though the universe?
- What is almost halfway through its 10-billion-year life, will expand
to become a red giant and then shrink to become a white dwarf?
- Which planet orbits the Sun four times in the time it takes the Earth
to go round once?
- What name was given to the invisible material once thought to occupy
- Which is the largest moon in the solar system?
- Where is the Palomar telescope?
- Where, theoretically, might one find objects squeezed to an infinite
- Which is the largest moon of Saturn?
- Who was the first Cambridge professor of radio astronomy?
- Who discovered Uranus?
- Which is the largest planet in the solar system?
- What is the smallest planet in the solar system?
- Which is the brightest comet in the solar system?
- What would you find if you travelled to the centre of the solar
- How many planets are there in the solar system?
- Which planet is named after the Roman goddess of love?
- What kind of extraterrestrial objet has been named after the
17th-century astronomer Edmond Halley?
- What was the first artificial satellite?
- What is the name of the space shuttle destroyed in midair 28 Jan
- Where is the chromosphere?
- What, ultimately, will the sun become?
- Which planet takes almost 30 Earth years to orbit the sun?
- What is the most distant object visible to the naked eye?
- Which planet is the densest?
- What is the name given to the super dense stars that sometimes result
form a supernova?
- What is the name of the theory that the universe appears the same
wherever and whenever viewed?
- Which planet has the Great Red Spot?
- What shape is the Milky Way?
- When was the first Pioneer space probe launched?
- Which planet id named after the sky-god who was father of the Titans?
- Who was the first living creature in space?
- Visible sunspots vary in number according to a cycle of how many
- Which planet is usually the furthest form the Sun, but sometimes is
Answers to Quiz #84 - Space Trivia Quiz
- Mercury and Venus.
- Yuri Gagarin.
- Pioneer 10.
- Four: Columbia, Endeavour, Discovery, Atlantis.
- 5,800 K (5.,530 C).
- The sun.
- Mount Palomar, California.
- Black Hole.
- Martin Ryle.
- William Herschel.
- Halley's comet.
- The Sun.
- A Comet.
- Sputnik 1.
- A white dwarf.
- Andromeda galaxy.
- Neutron Stars.
- Steady-state theory.
- Laika, a dog on board the Sputnik 2.